March with the Pack
Annual high school band day
Ever wonder what it’s like to march with the Pack? High school band students are invited to join the Power Sound of the South® marching band on the field during a Wolfpack football game to experience the thrill of college game day firsthand.
Experience a day in the life of a college band member
- Practice with the NC State marching band before the game
- Eat lunch with the band
- Experience the band’s pre-game march-around rituals
- Watch the Power Sound of the South’s pre-game performance from the stands at Carter-Finley Stadium
- Enjoy the football game with your peers
- Take the field to perform in the NC State marching band’s halftime show!
Who can participate
All high school students who are currently active members of their high school marching bands—including drumline, color guard, majorettes and dance team—are eligible to participate in band day. Band directors bringing students can also receive a complimentary ticket and get an up-close look at the NC State marching band.
There is no cost to participate in band day!
Scenes from band day
How to register
Registration typically opens in early August. Visit gopack.com/bandday for more details and to complete your registration.
Band day will be held on Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022.
What to bring
- Instrument in its case, with name tag clearly marked
- Sousaphones and drumline should NOT bring cases
- Color guard flag (tall pole)
- Clear bags are permitted inside the stadium; do not bring bags or backpacks that are not clear
- One water bottle (with seal unbroken or empty) will be permitted inside; there will be water stations inside the stadium where you can fill it
- Money for concessions
- School band t-shirt and shorts to change out of your uniform, if wearing one