Price Music Center is home to more than a dozen reservable practice rooms, each equipped with either an upright or digital piano and a music stand. Any student at NC State can book a standard practice room online after approval from the Department.
Rooms with additional instruments and/or equipment are available to select students in Department of Music ensembles or the music minor program. Students who are eligible for additional room booking privileges will be granted access by request at email@example.com.
Practice room availability
Practice rooms in Price Music Center are available by reservation only to NC State students from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Reservation blocks will be for one hour at a time.
Price Music Center practice rooms will be closed from Thursday, December 14, 2022 until Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
Before reserving a practice room
You will need to fill out this Usage Agreement in order to be approved for access to the Department of Music’s practice rooms.
Once you fill out this agreement, you will receive an email invitation from our online booking system, Skedda, within approximately one business day that will allow you to book a practice room.
After you receive that email, you will then be able to book according to the following rules, and your keycard will be approved for access to your room during your reserved time. Please review the rules carefully before using a practice room.
Rules for practice room use
- You must reserve your practice room at least 30 minutes in advance.
- Only enter your reserved room at the exact time you have reserved and exit promptly at the end of your reservation.
- Only one occupant is allowed in a room at a time and you may not let others into your reserved room.
- Thoroughly wash your hands before entering and after exiting a practice room.
- Wipe down the piano keys in your practice room before using the piano. There are wipe dispensers located in each practice room hallway. Please use only one wipe to conserve supply. Please do not wipe the wood on pianos as this may damage the instrument.
- Promptly report any issues with the practice room or piano to the Department of Music office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not tamper with or unplug practice room pianos.
- No food or drink is allowed in the practice room.
- No electric amplification (guitar amp, vocal monitor, etc) is allowed in the practice room.
- Ensure that the door to your practice room is securely shut when you exit.
Failure to abide by these rules will result in the loss of practice room privileges. If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Practice Room Options
NC State students may reserve standard practice rooms at ncstatemusic.skedda.com once approved by the Department. To reserve, click on an available practice room time in either the “Map” or “Day” view and follow the onscreen instructions. You will receive a confirmation email with the date, time and location of your booking.
- Standard Practice Rooms (Price): Available to NC State students in one-hour time blocks. Standard practice rooms each have an acoustic or digital upright piano and a music stand.
- Percussion Practice Room (Price 108): Available for percussion performance minors and approved ensemble members only.
- Piano Minor Practice Rooms (Broughton 1404, Price 110 and Price 212): Available only by reservation for students minoring in piano performance.
- Jazz Practice Rooms (Price 101 and 201): Available for approved members of the jazz program and music performance minors taking applied lessons on drums or double bass.
- Digital Audio Workstation Labs (Broughton): Available for students enrolled in MUS 270 and MUS 370 (Songwriting Using Digital Audio Workstations).
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.